The Top 5 Haunted Lawns
Spooky Turf Grass Sites
With an estimated annual consumer spend of $7 billion, Halloween is quickly becoming one of America’s most popular holidays. For many adults and kids alike, there’s nothing quite like getting dressed up in costume and taking in a good scare.
As we gear up for this year’s bone-chilling holiday, Weed Man Guilford County, NC decided to take a look at America’s most haunted lawns. Read on and get ready to plan your next family getaway!
- The Addams Family Mansion. If you’re looking for a lawn so haunted it will send shivers up and down your spine, look no further. Dead trees, brown grass, zero sunlight…it doesn’t get much creepier than that – until you look in the backyard, that is. Set up as a full-fledged family graveyard, the Addams’s backyard isn’t exactly the most inviting spot for a picnic or a game of backyard catch.
- The Hotel from The Shining. At first glance, the lawns bordering the infamous Overlook Hotel from The Shining are absolutely stunning. Sprawling green spaces with a backdrop of mountains and large-canopied trees, these lawns should be on everyone’s must see list. But if you’ve seen the movie, then you know you’d never be able to kick up your feet and enjoy a day off here. We won’t give away any spoilers for those of you who haven’t seen the movie, but let’s just say that “all lawn care and no play make Jack a dull boy”…especially when a hedge maze is involved.
- The White House Lawn. Bats, spiderwebs, and ghosts, oh my! The White House lawn has to be one of the most coveted in the country, yet that all changes during the month of October. With big ideas and an even bigger budget, this world-renowned yard is completely transformed into a Halloween-lover’s paradise. Don’t pop by for a quick peek if you’re easily spooked – some of the décor is a little too life-like for our tastes!
- Universal Studios Orlando. Packed to the brim with 9 terrifying haunted houses, Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights has its fair share of creepy lawns, too – afterall, you can’t reach the front door without crossing the front yard first. Just make sure nothing grabs your ankle on the way in…
- Highland Lawn Cemetery. Feel like taking a quick trip to Terre Haute, Indiana? This small town is the home of Highland Lawn Cemetery, a haunted graveyard that has been around since the early 1900s. Complete with a creepy mausoleum and the ghost of a dog named Stiffy Green, this expansive lawn may just be your newest favorite Halloween attraction.
Brought to you by Weed Man Guilford County, NC: we care for your lawn. Contact us today at (336) 271-6699!